Exclusive to Sugar Stamp, we created a stamp that does both reverse and regular embossing at the same time to give an amazing effect to your bakes!
How do 2-Way stamps it work?
1. Roll out your fondant icing slightly thicker than normal (because we will be compressing it slightly during the process).
2. Dust the top of your fondant and the embosser stamp with icing sugar - this will prevent the stamp from sticking to your fondant icing.
3. Locate where you want the design to go and gently push down on the stamp so that the embossed part of the design is firmly in place.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll over the top of the stamp applying gentle and even pressure so that the fondant can work its way into the raised part of the design. Do this over 4-5 passes focussing on the area which will be raised.
5. Using the handy tab at the top, gently wiggle the stamp and slowly pull away to reveal the design.
6. Use a soft brush to remove any excess icing sugar from the fondant and smooth any imperfections using the tip of your finger in a circular motion to smooth out your fondant.
7. Finally, use your cookie cutter to cut around the design in your desired shape (we recommend cutters 7cm in diameter or larger).
How to look after and store your Sugar Stamp:
All our stamps are made using high-grade PLA but to make sure you get the most from your Sugar Stamp it's important to take good care of it. We recommend you wash it using warm water and soap after each use.
Some of our designs are very intricate and complex which can cause the PLA to be weaker in certain parts (small dots, shapes, thin text etc...) so we highly recommend not to towel dry your Sugar Stamp in case you accidentally pull off some of the design. Instead, we advise that you let your Sugar Stamp dry naturally in the drying rack then stored somewhere safe and out of direct sunlight.
8cm x 9cm - Cookie Cutter included to fit perfectly around this shape.